Location: Anti-American demonstrations may take place in city centers in the West Bank and Gaza. Demonstrations may also occur in other locations in the West Bank, Gaza, and Israel.
Event: Anti-American demonstrations are expected to take place on June 24, 25, and 26, 2019. Previous demonstrations have sometimes encountered a strong security force presence and response. On those dates, U.S. government employees and family members are prohibited from official and personal travel to the West Bank. This includes travel along Route 1 and Route 90 through the West Bank.
Actions to Take:
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Avoid all demonstrations
· Monitor local media
· Follow the instructions of local authorities
· Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency.
· Regularly monitor the State Department’s website, where you can find current Travel Advisories (including the Travel Advisory for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza) and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Information for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. For additional information, refer to “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
· U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
· U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
· State Department – Consular Affairs
· 888-407-4747or 202-501-4444
· Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
· Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
· Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter