Location: Northeast Syria
Event: On October 9, Turkish warplanes and artillery began bombing parts of northeast Syria.
Actions to Take:
· As our travel advisory suggests, we continue to advise all U.S. citizens to depart northeast Syria immediately.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Avoid crowds.
· Keep a low profile.
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport.
· U.S. Interests Section Damascus, Syria
· U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
+962 (6) 590-6500
· State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Syria Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates