Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka (March 20, 2020)
Location: Sri Lanka.
Event: The Sri Lankan government has declared an island-wide curfew beginning at 6:00 p.m. on March 20 until 06:00 a.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020. Travel to the airport for ticketed passengers is exempted from the curfew. Additional curfews and checkpoints are possible with little notice in the immediate future.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
• U.S. Embassy – Colombo Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road, Colombo 03
• State Department - Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Sri Lanka Country Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address: