*** Our messages have changed to weekly on Friday. The next message will be released on Friday, May 29, 2020. You can go to www.lt.usembassy.gov to see the past messages ***
More flights are becoming available. It is currently possible to travel from Vilnius to Riga or Frankfurt. Next week Tallinn will be added to the list.
Traveling with pets will become possible starting next month. Lufthansa airlines will be lifting the embargo on pet travel starting from June 2nd. Depending upon the kind of animal, its weight and size, and the regulations applicable in different countries, transport is possible at an extra cost either as additional carry-on baggage in the passenger cabin or as excess baggage in the aircraft’s air-conditioned cargo hold. Lufthansa Cargo also offers the transport of the above-listed animals and other species as air freight. The highest chance for pet’s confirmation as excess baggage for travel from Vilnius would be starting from July 1st, when Lufthansa is planning on resuming the 6:30 AM flights to Frankfurt.
Please note that restrictions imposed on the transport of hares and rabbits as well as dogs and cats belonging to snub-nosed (brachycephalic) breeds is still in effect on Lufthansa operated flights.
Enroll at https://step.state.gov/ .
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please write or call (firstname.lastname@example.org ; +370-5-266-5600 during working hours 10-12, 14-16 Monday through Friday).
UPDATE ON FLIGHTS AND FERRIES: May 22 AND LATER
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays - Lufthansa flight LH897 departing to Frankfurt at 18:30
Daily - Air Baltic flight BT344 departing to Riga at 14:05
Daily starting on May 25th – Air Baltic flight BT335 departing to Tallinn at 19:00
· May 25 – Air Baltic flight from Vilnius to Tallinn;
· May 25 - Wizzair flight from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
· June 1 – Belavia flight from Vilnius to Minsk;
· June 8 - Austrian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Vienna;
· June 10 - Turkish Airlines flight from Vilnius to Istanbul;
· June 15 - LOT flight from Vilnius to Warsaw;
· June 15 - Scandinavian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Stockholm and Copenhagen
· July 1 – Brussels Airlines flight from Vilnius to Brussels;
· July 1 - Ryanair flight from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
· July 1 - Ukrainian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Kyiv;
· July 1 - Finnair flight from Vilnius to Helsinki;
· July 2 - Norwegian flight from Vilnius to Oslo;
· Aug 1 - Aeroflot flight from Vilnius to Moscow.
· May 25 - Wizzair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations;
· June 16 - LOT flight from Kaunas to Warsaw;
· July 1 - Norwegian flight from Kaunas to Oslo;
· July 1 - Ryanair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations.
· May 25 – Wizzair flights from Palange to London Luton;
· June 8 - Scandinavian Airlines flight from Palanga to Copenhagen;
· July 1 - Air Baltic flight from Palanga to Riga;
· July 1 - Norwegian flight from Palanga to Oslo;
· July 1- LOT flight from Palanga to Warsaw.
· July 4 - Ryanair flight from Palanga to London Stansted and Dublin
Klaipeda - Ferries
· DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Kiel, departing Klaipeda at 22:00.
· DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Karlshamn, departing at 20:00 and 21:00. Regular passengers are not allowed on the return route Karlshamn – Klaipeda.
Actions to Take:
· Check https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/ for the latest on lithuania’s COVID-19 preventative actions.
· Enroll in STEP.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://lt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Lithuania.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania
Akmenu g. 6, Vilnius, Lithuania 03106
· State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Lithuania Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter